Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Night Musings

Starting a new weekly segment that I hope I can keep up with! Since it's brand new, I don't have a pretty little picture with the title on it, a la RamblingsofaSuburbanMom.com, so if anyone out there that's reading this can make me a cute little one with some zebra stripes or chevron pattern, that would be SO GREAT! My Youtube/Internet email is Everything.Elle@yahoo.com - you can always send me requests and feedback there!

Anyways, I obviously can't do the Monday Morning Ramblings like Jen, who I just mentioned, since it's now 10 pm. Plus, I think it's better to do reflections later in the day on a Monday, after all of the grumpiness has kind of faded away. Am I right? I imagine if I had done this post earlier in the day, it would have been more like a Tuesday Troubles....which I will hopefully have up for you tomorrow!

Anyways, here's what I'm musing about this Monday night:

~It was my roommate Miranda's birthday today, so we were all planning to go out to eat at a fabulous Mexican place downtown (that I'm absolutely IN LOVE WITH and had been looking forward to all day). One of my friends looked at the hours online and insisted they were open until 9...but when we got there off the bus at 7, they were CLOSED! We ended up at a cute little Italian place that I have no complaints about, because now I have some yummy leftover eggplant parm in my fridge that I can eat in absence of all of the dining hall trips I'm too crippled to make.

~Also, let me just say that I'm Super Roommate for going downtown and having to take public transportation while being in a wheelchair, just for a birthday dinner. That's the farthest I've traveled in my wheelchair while being near campus- the only furthest distance is from aisle to aisle in Target or Walmart, hehe.

~I just ate 3 mini "fun sized" packages of Twizzlers that I was planning to use to bribe myself to do my homework. Well that purpose has been defeated!

~Miranda's boyfriend informed me at dinner that all of the homework that I thought was due tomorrow actually isn't due until Thursday, and in my economics class this morning, my professor moved the due date of our next homework from Thursday to Sunday. Score! Looks like tomorrow & Wednesday night will be smooth-sailin! (relatively)

~In case you missed my Twitter rant last night, the girls near me were being so super loud last night that I was super cranky and couldn't sleep....which resulted in me today being super cranky and unable to nap. Are you ever just so tired that you CAN'T nap? That was me just before dinner...I had been looking forward to it, but alas, I just can't seem to successfully nap in my dorm. I think I've done it maybe once all year? And attempted at least five times? Ughhh! What are the secrets to dorm napping?!

~The heat in my math classroom was screwed up this morning (even more so than usual), so I was sitting there with my outdoor jacket on, in a probably 40 degree room. When it was 34 degrees outside. YUCK! The temperature dropped really fast overnight...it was absolutely gorgeous and bearable over the weekend, but just from standing outside for a few minutes today, my hands are already cracking :/

~Today I helped Miranda buy long underwear and a winter coat that would actually keep her warm in the nasty New England winter that's sure to come. She's from CA, so this whole being dark at 5pm thing is really throwing her off. She was complaining to her mom about it on the phone today, and as a New Englander born & raised, I couldn't help but giggle. All I could do was sit there in my flannel shirt  & offer her some pumpkin seeds....boy, are the stereotypes true (;

That's all I've got for tonight, folks! Be sure to follow me on twitter, @photoholicgurli, to get my musings all throughout the day that you won't see anywhere else. I also tend to retweet cute pictures of puppies and kittens, so that's worth it, right?

Alrightie, I've got some Wall Street Journal articles to read and analyze!

Did you like this segment? What should I name tomorrow's?

As always, thanks for reading!
xox, Elle
MissGlamBam.com
Youtube Beauty Guru & Blogger

No comments:

Post a Comment