Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My First Semester of College is Cursed!

Guys.

I'm pretty sure that when I hobble by people I'm sorta friendly with on campus, and they see me on crutches, they're convinced that I'm my own personal bad luck charm. Especially if they've been keeping up with the saga that is the story of my first semester of college.

I don't like blogging about such downer topics, but then I saw a Tuesday Troubles post on RamblingsofASuburbanMom.com, and realized that it's a thing and that I'm totally allowed to do it. Also, I love her, and if you haven't started reading her blog yet... DO IT. (She doesn't know I'm saying this btw...I actually highly doubt she knows I exist)
*PLUS it's Halloween week, so I'm allowed to talk about curses and have people actually believe me...right?

Anyways.

Maybe I wouldn't have this belief if I didn't already know my building is haunted. My RA lived in the same building I live in now her freshman year, so she's been telling us from the start that the building is haunted as can be. Apparently a girl hung herself in the closet of one of the rooms awhile back, either mine or the one next to me, although after recent events I'm pretty convinced it's my room. As gory as it sounds, I'm still trying to figure out how she hung herself in a closet that size....was she a midget?

The first month of college was great. My roommates and I were best friends and everyone was jealous. We had a few great friends that we always hung out with who were practically honorary roommates (this is still true to an extent, we still have a few of those, THANK GOODNESS,) and our building was full of super friendly people that we got along great with. Then shit started going down.

There was a giant roommate fiasco and one of my roommates moved out. My other roommate and I had the room to ourselves for a few weeks, and it was like a giant sleepover! Then one night I had a rapid heartbeat and a fever of 102, so I called Public Safety and they told me to take a cab to the ER. It turns out I had a kidney infection, and went all the way back home and had to stay there for a week and a half. When I got back, my new roommate moved in and we love her, so no complaints there (once again...THANK GOODNESS!) I was super behind in schoolwork. Then there was a conflict between one of my roommates and the girls on my floor, which resulted in me having to host an intervention with some of my friends, which was super awk and made some people really upset (it's okay now though).

Now, the icing on the cake: literally the day after the intervention, I was running downstairs in my socks to the bathroom, because the one on my floor AND the floor below me were both occupied by strange people who shower at 11 pm on a Tuesday (seriously, WTF), and I had to pee like you wouldn't believe. Then all of a sudden, I slipped when I was ALMOST TO THE BATHROOM, SO CLOSE I COULD TASTE IT (err...smell it?) and that's when I slipped, and my foot felt like it folded in half.
Visual representation of my foot folding in half
I was limping to all of my classes the next day and it hurt like a bitch, so one of my friends finally told me to go to Health Services and gave me a piggy back ride there (hehe, love you R). They said it was probably sprained but could be broken, since my foot was huge and swollen and had yellow bruising all over it. They recommended going to get X-rays, so I went to a walk-in clinic a couple hours later (more like the Walk-In Shitshow....ugh don't get me started!!!!) They took X-rays and had horrible customer service and told me nothing was broken. Also, neither place had crutches, so I had to hobble into CVS myself with a potentially broken foot (they took X-rays less than 24 hours after the damage was done, so it was really too swollen to be able to see a break if there was one), and had to pay $45 out of pocket for some crutches that didn't even have numbers on the notches- you know how they're normally labeled by height? Yeah, not these. And insurance doesn't cover them, so it was a pretty penny.

So for the rest of that week and all of yesterday, I was crutching around campus and destroying my armpits and hopping up the stairs in my building like an exhausted little bunny. Then my mom booked me an appt with her foot doctor back home, so I got picked up and had my appointment just a few hours ago. They took some more X-rays, except this time they wanted me to put weight on my foot while they were taking them...um, no thanks, since I can't and all? Isn't that the reason I'm HERE?! Geeeze.... anyways, the doctor noticed that I can't bend my ankle or foot or move anything in that general area at all (which I hadn't even noticed up until that point. I'm clearly an observant child....nawt) SO she scheduled me some MRIs for late tonight (to see if I tore any ligaments or tendons or other yucky stuff). 

I'm supposed to stay home, off of campus, for a few days to get my test results and see if I need physical therapy or anything. Plus I have exams for the next 3 days, and all of my books and notes are on campus...not here, where I am. Plus my boyfriend's working tonight so he can't come visit and make me feel better. Plus there's a huge Halloween celebration going on tomorrow night at school that I may/may not be able to go to. Plus my roommate's birthday is Monday and I don't want to be a jerk and miss whatever we're doing to celebrate. Plus Youtube has been giving me problems with copyrights on my videos all week, for videos where there's no music and it's literally just me talking...WTF. Who knows if I'll even be back for Halloween? ARGGHH!

The ghost just wants to ruin my life. I must have pissed her off early in the semester. I really have no other explanation for all of the shit that's happened to me lately....and yet I'm still not a college dropout. Amazing, eh?

If your Tuesday Troubles are more horrible than mine, please let me know cause that would sure make me feel better. I'll probably be making a beauty video live on my channel in an hour or so, and if you commented that would also cheer me up. I'm so worried about my grades right now that it's not even funny. DAMN YOU GHOST! 

Do you believe in curses?

Thanks for reading & Happy Early Halloween!
xox Elle
MissGlamBam.com
Youtube Beauty Guru & Blogger

P.S. Be sure to check out the new beauty video I uploaded today!

No comments:

Post a Comment