Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Doing Emily's Makeup- Everyday Purple Smokey Eyes and Luminous Skin!

Hey guys, long time no blog!

Recently one of my college friends Emily asked me to do her makeup, so naturally I asked her if I could film it, and of course she said yes (along with making lots of silly faces at the camera). So in this blog post, I'll list all of the products I used on her (since I didn't show them too much in the video), and I'll explain what each product does for her skin or gorgeous emerald green eyes! The look is very wearable for everyday, for someone of any skintone or eye color. If you want to keep that glowing skin going for winter, or your eyes shimmery bright for either everyday or a special occasion, you have come to the right place!



1. Pond's Luminous Moisture Moisturizer (in the pink tube)- I first moisturized Emily's face, which is always the first step I take in putting makeup on anyone, including myself.
2. Rimmel Fix & Perfect Face Primer in 001- then I primed her face to get rid of pores. It also has a slight orange tinge, so it gives you a tad bit of coverage and color. Not crazy about it, but it sure helped to warm up Emily's face!
3. benefit Ooh La Lift- I talked about this in my August Favorites video. I used this instead of a concealer, and its highlighting capabilities erase the need for a concealer, while giving you a nice little under eye glow and luminosity. It really helps to wake up the face, and I usually wait to blend it in until I've also stippled foundation onto the face, just so it all blends together and you save a step.
4. Revlon Nearly Naked Liquid Foundation- I had to match Emily with the closest foundation shade of mine that would fit her, and this one seemed to do it. The color I have is a little too light, but the bronzer I added later helped to even it out. This foundation gives a gorgeous, flawless coverage, and helped to cover up Emily's acne spots. I think it'll be in my Sept. favorites video, so if you're reading this you just got a sneak peek!
5. Urban Decay Deslick Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray- this was just to keep Emily's foundation in place, it's a great spray that smells nice too! It'll also help to keep oil away, especially since I applied it under the pressed powder to set the face makeup.
6. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Sandstorm- a really nice formula to keep oil away and set your foundation. I applied a dusting with a big Sephora fluffy powder brush, all the way down the neck too to help blend the foundation color!
7. NARS Orgasm Blush- a really pretty, bright pinky-gold blush color that I applied kind of heavily with a small Sephora powder brush.
8. NARS Laguna Bronzer- a gorgeous mid-tone brown bronzer color that I applied with a cheapo Essence of Beauty angled blush brush from CVS to contour Emily's face and add extra glow.
9. Maybelline Great Lash Clear Brow Gel- Emily's eyebrows are dark and full enough to the point where I didn't need to fill them in, but I thought a little gellin' into place wouldn't hurt to keep them looking nice all day and night long.
10. Urban Decay Midnight Cowgirl e/s- I used this on the inner tear ducts and on the lids with a fluffy eyeshadow brush by Sonia Kashuk (found at Target).
11. L'oreal eyeshadow palette- I honestly don't remember the name of this one, but it has some gorgeous shades in it! When I get back to campus where this little sucker is hiding I'll put the name in, but for now just watch the video to see which specific shades I used. Emily was already wearing a little eyeliner and mascara when I started, so I mostly just did eyeshadow to complete her look. I took a darker purple color with an Essence of Beauty crease brush, and applied into the crease. I blended it out with a MAC 224 brush, and applied a little of this same color on her lower lash line to round-out the look. I used a lighter color from the palette to blend out the crease color some more, and used it as a browbone highlight as well!


If you follow the video and use the products as described above, you can create a flawless skin look and some gorgeous purple smokies in just a few minutes! Thanks to Emily for being my model, and I hope you all enjoyed this blog post! I'll have to do more like this in the future (;

P.S. This look would look really great topped off with a light pink or nude lip- perhaps Snob lipstick (since it's a light pink with purple undertones to match the eye look) by MAC with Rimmel Stay Glossy 3D Lipgloss in Back Row Smooch over it? One of my personal fave combos (;

xox
Elle

No comments:

Post a Comment