Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Smokey PLL-Inspired MOTD!


The picture for this may not be the best. I’ve been wanting to go to sleep for 2 hours now but had to write a paper! AGHH!

Anyways, this look started out as an innocent daytime school makeup look, but tonight I had a chorus concert, and even though I wanted to keep it all modest looking since we were performing in a church, I did get a little smokey with it to enhance my brown eyes- something I don’t do very often because browns with browns can get a little muddy- but I actually really liked how it came out. Reminded me very much so of a character from Pretty Little Liars, since at least 3 out of 4 of them have hazel/brown eyes as I do. So this is just a quick MOTD post, I hope you all enjoy! By looking at my blog stats I saw that WAY more people than usual saw my St. Patrick’s day MOTD post and that means so much to me that people take the time to read these and support me and my makeup art. So thank you for reading in advance and hope you enjoy this smokey brown look!



FACE: Today I used
Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
American Beauty Plush Powder Foundation in 04 Cool
But I really do think it’s time to switch to a more liquid or spring face makeup because the powder just faded so fast and gave into my oily spots today, leaving me with red discoloration on my forehead after it faded. Talk about embarrassing! To cover it up I used
Covergirl Oil Control Pressed Powder in Buff Beige
With my trusty:
Physician’s Formula Bambuki Brush
Which helped with the oil a lot. Between the foundation and powder, I also used a blotting sheet from Clean & Clear to get rid of the oil without having to start from scratch with the face routine.
I really wanted to contour my cheeks but was too lazy to go looking for my Laguna, so I used an eyeshadow with the perfect color for contour but with very light pigmentation so it wouldn’t be too noticeable/shimmery on my face vs. my eyelids. I used:
Max Factor e/s in Bourbon



EYES:
I started with
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer in Sheer (really hate this stuff, I’m pretty sure the colors faded)
MAC e/s in Naked Lunch (lid, browbone, inner corner)
MAC e/s in Corderoy (crease. This is a matte color but when I blend it some shimmer gets mixed in. So annoying!)
Blended w/ MAC 224 Brush
Lancome e/s in Drape (browbone, over Naked Lunch for more shimmer)
Maybelline Expert Eyes Eyeliner in (?) Brown – can’t remember the name. Very basic light brown! (upper lash line)
Avon Luxury Liner for Eyes in Dark Brown (waterline)
Lancome e/s in Color d’Jour (in waterline to set eyeliner)
Revlon Growluscious Mascara in Blackest Black
Lancome Definicils Mascara

LIPS:
The Balm Stainiac Lip Stain in Beauty Queen

That’s all for now folks! Enjoy the pictures, let me know if you want a tutorial on this look or a similar look, and Stay Gold!

~Elle<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment